Victorino has extensive experience advising clients on labor matters and public affairs. He is ranked as a leading labor expert in Venezuela. Before joining D’Empaire in 2012, Victorino worked as founding partner at Bolinaga Levy Marquez & Canova from 1998 to 2012. He received a J.D. cum laude from Universidad Catolica Andres Bello in 1991 and an LLM from Harvard University in 1994.
Victorino’s notable experience includes:
- Representing Chevron in various labor issues concerning its Venezuelan operations
- Acting for Fibranova (Masisa) in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements concerning 800 employees and approximately 3000 independent contractors
- Advising Citibank in Venezuela in the transfer of four top-level executives to various offshore operations
- Advising Lan Chile in labor matters concerning its workforce in Venezuela
- Advising CNPC-BGP in labor matters regarding the oil industry collective bargaining agreement
- Advising Guardian in labor matters concerning its workforce in Venezuela
- Representing Pepsicola de Venezuela in the negotiation of its collective bargaining agreement
- Representing Ferroatlantica de Venezuela in the negotiation of its collective bargaining agreement
- Advising Siemens in matters related to executive compensation and expatriate employees
- Advising Bank of America in matters related to executive compensation and expatriate employees
- Representing Thomson Reuters as Venezuelan counsel in its acquisition of Legis
- Representing Xignux Group in its acquisition of Cables de Energia y de Telecomunicaciones S.A.
- Representing Falck in its acquisition of the Venezuelan subsidiary of the EMIG Group
- Representing Soldexa in its purchase of Comelven
- Advising Bayer in connection with its contributions to the social security system
- Advising several multinational companies in matters related to the downsize or winding up of their Venezuelan operations
Victorino is currently ranked as “Band 1” by Chambers & Partners (2019 Venezuela Labor & Employment Rankings) and as a “Leading Lawyer” by The Legal 500 (2018 Venezuela Labor & Employment Rankings).
He is fluent in Spanish and English.