Inés specializes in corporate law, insurance law, mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, exchange controls and real state. She is considered one of the leading M&A and corporate lawyers in Venezuela. Inés became partner at D’Empaire in 1996. She received a J.D. from Universidad Catolica Andres Bello in 1988 and a master’s degree in corporate law from the same university in 1992.
Her representations include:
- Oxiteno in the sale of its Venezuelan subsidiary to a Venezuelan investor
- Procter & Gamble Industrial S.C.A. in the sale of the production line of chlorine and hard surface cleaners to Jabones y Detergentes del Caribe, C.A.
- Procter & Gamble Company in the sale of the trademarks “Lavansan” to EMP International Marketing Limited
- Axalta Coating Systems Venezuela, C.A. in the acquisition of office space in Caracas
- Amway de Venezuela in the acquisition of retail space in Caracas
- Grupo Gerencial Consolidez in the purchase of office space in Caracas
- Oster de Venezuela (a Jarden subsidiary) in the purchase of its distribution center in Barquisimeto
- Oster de Venezuela in the purchase of office space in Caracas
- Procter & Gamble Industrial S. A. in the purchase and leasing of a warehouse in Valencia
- Apollo Group Holdings, N.V. in the sale of its equity participation in Helios Investment to Famspain Corporation and Wooster Holding International Corp
- Cemex in connection with the nationalization of Cemex Venezuela by the Government of Venezuela
- Ternium in the sale of Sidor to the Government of Venezuela
- Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for Compañia Anonima Nacional Telefonos de Venezuela (Cantv) made by the Government of Venezuela
- Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas (EDC) made by the Government of Venezuela
- Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for Banco de Venezuela made by the Government of Venezuela
- Royal & Sun Alliance in the sale of its equity participation in Royal & Sun Alliance Seguros Venezuela
- Macarena Corporation Limited and Company Trading as the Blanca & Grant Partnership in the public offering of part of its participation in Dominguez & Cia.
- The AES Corporation in its unsolicited tender offer for C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas
- Empresas Polar in its tender offer for Mavesa S.A.
- The AES Corporation and C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas in their joint unsolicited tender offer for Cantv
- Telecom Italia Mobile in connection with the sale of Corporacion Digitel to Telvenco
- The Coca-Cola Company in the formation of a joint venture company with The Cisneros Group
- The shareholders of Seguros Royal Caribe de Venezuela in the sale of their equity participation to Royal & Sun Alliance
- The Coca-Cola Company in the acquisition of the bottler company Emboca
- Cemex in the acquisition of Vencemos
- Inversiones Mundial in its acquisition of Corporación Grupo Quimico
- Fondo de Inversiones de Venezuela (FIV) in the privatization of Venezolana de Aviacion S.A. (Viasa)
Inés is currently ranked as “Band 2” by Chambers & Partners (2019 Venezuela Corporate/M&A and Real Estate Rankings) and as a “Leading Lawyer” by The Legal 500 (2018 Venezuela Real Estate Rankings).
She is fluent in Spanish and English.