Geraldine d’Empaire specializes in corporate law, mergers and acquisitions and financial restructurings. She has broad experience in assessment of corporate structures for the incorporation and establishment of companies and complex asset sale transactions.
Geraldine became partner at D’Empaire in 1998. She studied law at Universidad Catolica Andres Bello (J.D., 1988) and received a master’s degree in corporate law from the same university (1998).
Representative matters in which Geraldine has been involved include:
- Energyworks Venezuela (Iberdrola) in the sale of its assets to Ford Motor de Venezuela
- Toshiba TEC Corporation in its acquisition of IBM’s subsidiaries and assets for the operation of the Retail Store Solutions business
- Henkel Venezolana in the sale of its industrial plant to Ecolab
- McDonald’s Corp. as Venezuelan counsel in the US$700 million sale of approximately 1,600 restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean to a franchisee organization led by Wood Staton – a transaction ranked by Latin Lawyer as the best M&A Latin American transaction in 2007
- Tropigas in the sale of the company to the Venezuelan State
- Banco Provincial in connection with a secured loan granted to Aguas Industriales de Jose
- ABN AMRO in the sale of its consumer banking assets to Banco del Caribe
- Citibank, Banco de Venezuela (Grupo Santander), Banco Provincial, Banco del Caribe. Banco Mercantil and Banco Occidental de Descuento in the debt restructuring of Tropigas
- Banco de Venezuela, Corporacion Andina de Fomento (CAF), Banco Provincial, Banco del Caribe, Banco Mercantil and Beal Bank in the debt restructuring of Sudamtex de Venezuela
- Banco Caracas, Banco Provincial, Banco del Caribe, Corp Banca, Banco Mercantil and Banco Republica, in the debt restructuring of Calzados Rex
- Loctite de Venezuela in its merger with Henkel Venezolana
Geraldine is fluent in Spanish and English.