Arnoldo specializes in corporate law, aviation law, telecommunications law and mergers and acquisitions, representing both multinational and Venezuelan companies. Before becoming a partner at D’Empaire in 1996, Arnoldo worked as an intern at the Austin offices of Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody in 1991. He has also acted at the board of directors of Banco Republica (1995-1998) and Corporacion Digitel (2000-2006). He received a J.D. cum laude from Universidad Catolica Andres Bello in 1988, an M.C.J. from the University of Texas in 1991 and a master’s degree from Universidad Catolica Andres Bello in tax law in 1994.
His representations include:
- Pirelli in the sale of its Venezuelan subsidiary
- Global Crossing in the acquisition of Impsat for US$336 million
- Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM) in the sale of its shares in Corporación Digitel to Telvenco, S.A. for US$425 million
- Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM) in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Corporacion Digitel
- Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM) in its purchase of the remaining minority shareholdings of Corporacion Digitel
- Associated British Foods (ABF) in its acquisition of Venezuelan assets from Burns Philp
- The Carlyle Group, as Venezuelan counsel in connection with the purchase of the Engineered Products Division of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company for US$1.4 billion
Arnoldo is currently ranked as “Band 2” by Chambers & Partners (2019 Venezuela Corporate/M&A Rankings) and described as a “respected partner [with] long-standing experience working in this field”. He has been continuously recognized as an experienced top corporate lawyer in Venezuela.
He is fluent in Spanish, English and Italian.