Alejandro advises major corporations on labor law matters. Alejandro has vast experience in collective contract negotiations, conflict management with labor unions, sensitive terminations of top-level employees, litigation and employment issues in connection with business transactions.
Alejandro became partner at D’Empaire in 1991. He studied law at Universidad Catolica Andres Bello (J.D., 1984), and received a master’s degree in procedural law from the same university (1989).
- McDonald’s (Alimentos Arcos Dorados de Venezuela) in several judicial and administrative labor proceedings
- Syngenta in the termination of key level employees
- Bristol-Myers Squibb in continuing labor advice (global mobility, litigation, sensitive terminations, monitoring of judicial proceedings)
- United, in issues regarding employees’ expatriation
- Masisa group (Andinus and Fibranova) in the negotiations of collective bargaining agreements
- Servipork in the termination of its general manager and member of the board of directors and ensuing litigation
- Energizer in the termination of its workforce in Venezuela
Alejandro has acted as member of the board of directors of some of the largest companies, foundations and chambers of commerce in Venezuela.
He is currently ranked as “Band 1” by Chambers & Partners (2019 Venezuela Labor & Employment Rankings) and The Legal 500 describes him as a “specialist in resolving labor disputes” (2018 Venezuela Labor & Employment Rankings).
Alejandro is fluent in Spanish, English and Italian.