+58 212 264 6244 (general)
+58 212 264 3837 (direct)
Inés Parra is Partner of D’Empaire Reyna Abogados since 1996.
Inés specializes in corporate law; mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, exchange controls and real state. She is considered one of the leading M&A and corporate lawyers in Venezuela.
Inés has broad experience in exchange controls regulations, mergers and acquisitions and real estate transactions.
Ines regularly advises corporate clients doing business in Venezuela such as Procter & Gamble, Empresas Polar, Amway Corporation, Abbot Laboratories, Vicson-Bekaert, Axalta Coatings; Oster de Venezuela, Hino Motors, Oxiteno and Repsol, among others.
She has been ranked by Chambers Latin America as one of the best Corporate/ M&A and Real State lawyers in Venezuela. Chambers & Partners also mentioned that Inés “earns warm praise from clients, who note her expertise in acquisitions with a real estate component and her positive disposition in urgent cases.” “She was always available to us – 24/7.” “She understands our needs so well, she even offers solutions to problems we have not foreseen ourselves.”
She has participated in several transactions, including her participation in:
• Procter & Gamble Industrial S.C.A. in the sale of the production line of chlorine and hard surface cleaners to Jabones y Detergentes del Caribe, C.A.
• Procter & Gamble Company in the sale of the trademarks “Lavansan” to EMP International Marketing Limited.
• Axalta Coating Systems Venezuela, C.A. in the negotiation and purchase to Lopco de Venezuela, C.A. of its offices in Caracas.
• Amway de Venezuela in the lease of its offices in Caracas.
• Amway de Venezuela in the purchase of its store in Caracas.
• Grupo Gerencial Consolidez in the purchase of offices in Caracas.
• Oster de Venezuela (a Jarden subsidiary) in the purchase of its distribution center in Barquisimeto, Venezuela.
• Oster de Venezuela (a Jarden subsidiary) in the purchase of its offices in Caracas, Venezuela.
• Procter & Gamble Industrial S. A. in the purchase and leasing of a warehouse in Valencia, Venezuela.
• Apollo Group Holdings, N.V. in the sale of its stakeholding in Helios Investment (parent company of Representantes e Industriales Consorciados, C.A. -Reinco) to Famspain Corporation and Wooster Holding International Corp.
• Cemex in connection with the nationalization of Cemex Venezuela by the Venezuelan government.
• Ternium in the sale of Sidor to the Venezuelan government.
• Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for Compañía Anónima Nacional Teléfonos de Venezuela (CANTV) made by the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
• Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas (EDC) made by the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
• Econoinvest Casa de Bolsa in the tender offer for Banco de Venezuela made by the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
• Royal &Sun Alliance in the sale of its stakeholding in Royal & Sun Alliance Seguros Venezuela.
• Macarena Corporation Limited and Company Trading as the Blanca & Grant Partnership in the public offering of part of its participation in Domínguez & Cía.
• The AES Corporation in its unsolicited tender offer for C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas.
• Empresas Polar in its negotiated tender offer for Mavesa S.A.
• The AES Corporation and C.A. La Electricidad de Caracas in their joint unsolicited tender offer for Compañía Anónima Nacional Teléfonos de Venezuela (CANTV).
• Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM) in connection with the the sale of Corporation Digitel to Telvenco.
• The Coca-Cola Company in the formation of a joint venture company with The Cisneros Group.
• The shareholder of Seguros Royal Caribe de Venezuela in the sale of their stakeholdings to Royal &Sun Alliance.
• The Coca-Cola Company in the acquisition of the bottler company Emboca.
• Cemex in the acquisition of Vencemos.
• Inversiones Mundial in its acquisition of Corporación Grupo Grupo Químico.
• Fondo de Inversiones de Venezuela (FIV) in the privatizaction of Venezolana de Aviación S.A. (VIASA).
Inés Parra is a partner in D’Empaire Reyna Abogados. She studied law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Caracas (J.D, 1988) and received an specialization degree from Universidad Católica Andrés Bello in Commercial Law, 1992. She speaks Spanish and English.