+58 212 264 6244 (general)
+58 212 264 4755 (direct)
+58 412 230 1953 (mobile)
Geraldine specializes in corporate law, merger & acquisitions and financial restructurings. She regularly advises clients such as Del Monte, Amway, Henkel, Louis Vuitton, Iberdrola, Molinos Hidalgo, Bristol-Myers and Pirelli de Venezuela. She has broad experience in assessment of corporate structures for the incorporation and establishment of companies and complex asset sale transactions.
She has participated in several transactions, including her representation of:
• Energyworks Venezuela (Iberdrola) in the sale of its assets to Ford Motor de Venezuela
• Toshiba TEC Corporation in its acquisition of IBM’s subsidiaries and assets for the operation of the Retail Store Solutions business
• Henkel Venezolana in the sale of the plant to Ecolab
• McDonald’s Corp. as Venezuelan counsel in the US$700 million sale of approximately 1,600 restaurants in Latin America and the Caribbean to a franchisee organization led by Wood Staton – a transaction ranked by Latin Lawyer as the best M&A Latin American transaction in 2007
• Tropigas in the sale process to the State
• Banco Provincial in connection with the secured loan granted to Aguas Industriales de Jose
• ABN AMRO in the sale of its consumer banking assets to Banco del Caribe
• Citibank, Banco de Venezuela (Grupo Santander), Banco Provincial, Banco del Caribe, Banco Mercantil and Banco Occidental de Descuento in the debt restructuring of Tropigas
• Banco de Venezuela, CAF, Banco Provincial, Banco del Caribe, Banco Mercantil and Beal Bank in the debt restructuring of Sudamtex de Venezuela
• Banco Caracas, Banco Provincial, Banco del Caribe, Corp Banca, Banco Mercantil and Banco República, in the debt restructuring of Calzados Rex
• Loctite de Venezuela in its merger with Henkel Venezolana.
Geraldine studied law at Universidad Católica Andrés Bello, Caracas (JD, 1988) and (LLM Corporate, 1998). She is fluent in Spanish and English.