+58 212 264 6244 (general)
+58 212 264 4226 (direct)
Arnoldo Troconis has been a partner at D’Empaire Reyna Abogados since 1996. He specializes in Corporate Law as well as Mergers and Acquisitions, representing both foreign and national companies.
Arnoldo Troconis has been considered over the years as an experienced top corporate lawyer in Venezuela. Chambers has top ranked him for several years now, stating in their 2011 review that “Arnoldo Troconis is highly regarded for his wide-ranging knowledge of Corporate Law and negotiation skills”.
Among his main cases , he has represented the following companies:
• Global Crossing in its agreement to purchase Impsat for US$ 336 million
• Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM) in the sale of its shares in Corporación Digitel to Telvenco, S.A. for US$ 425 million
• Telecom Italia Mobile ( TIM ) in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Corporación Digitel
• Telecom Italia Mobile ( TIM ) in its purchase of the remaining minority shareholdings in Corporación Digitel
• Associated British Foods (ABF) In its acquisition of Venezuelan assets of Burrns Philp
• The Carlyle Group as Venezuelan counsel in connection with the purchase of the Engineered Products Division of The Goodyear Tire & Rubber Company for US$ 1.475 billion
For more than eight years, Arnoldo also acted as a lead Venezuelan legal advisor to Telecom Italia Mobile (TIM), from the time the Company first considered an acquisition in Venezuela in 1998, until the sale of its Venezuelan mobile subsidiary (Digitel) in 2006. He was appointed by TIM to serve as a member of the Board of Directors of Digitel (2000-2006). He was also a member of the Board of Directors of Banco República (1995-1998).
Arnoldo was a professor of Internationalization and the Law , at Instituto de Estudios Superiores Administración (IESA) from 2002 to 2003. He was also a Professor of Contract Law at Universidad Católica Andres Bello (2005-2006).
Arnoldo Troconis is currently the legal representative to several foreign companies, such as, United Airlines in Venezuela (prior to its merger with United he represented Continental Airlines in Venezuela since 1998) and Telecom Italia Sparkle, since 2009. His memberships include, the International Bar Association (IBA), the Association of International Petroleum Negotiators (AIPN); Venezuelan Association of Tax Law; Miranda State Bar Association.
Before joining D’Empaire Reyna , Arnoldo interned at Graves, Dougherty, Hearon & Moody, in Austin, Texas, (1991). He obtained his Law Degree from Universidad Catolica Andres Bello (UCAB) in Caracas, Cum Laude, (1988). He went on to receive an MCJ from The University of Texas, Austin, Texas(1991). Additionally he holds a Degree in Tax Law from UCAB (1994).
Arnoldo Troconis is fluent in Spanish, English and Italian.